Who hath ears to hear, let him hear. Matthew 13:9
How often do I listen, but do not hear? There is so much going on all around me, but how often to I take the time to give my full undivided attention to one particular thing. How often am I like Elijah sitting and looking for the Lord to reveal Himself in the whirlwind of activity racing past me. And yet He is sitting right here next to me just waiting for my heart to be quiet, patiently waiting for me to take time out of my busy schedule to sit at His feet. He wants my full undivided attention, so that I may be able to really hear with understanding what He has for me, each and everyday. What am I waiting for? When Jesus asked His disciples if they would leave Him and go on with their own lives...and Peter answered saying Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.(John 6:68). Where am I running to for the answers that will help me get through this day? He has called us into a loving relationship with Him, in every good relationship there needs to be communication. Christ is desiring to communicate His heart to us. Are we willing to listen with open ears? With hearts that desire to understand? He wants to pour our His love to us, to gird us up with His truth, and to commission us with His Word. Where am I? Am I as Mary, sitting at His feet soaking up His every word? I pray that this is where I am each and everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment